1) Clean, readable copy with short paragraphs.
2) Simple, crisp design. (Photos often depress response. Know how they perform for you.)
3) One focused theme and message. This isn’t about everything your organization does.
4) More than one ask on each page. Always an ask at the bottom.
5) A P.S. with a strong ask.
6) Strong use of indents, underline and bold to move the reader’s eye to key messages.
7) A readable font that says “important.”
8) The appropriate signer (always one signer only.)
9) Make it personal. Use “I” and “you” often.
10) A clean reply form that’s simple to fill out, with proper coding to record your responses.