Does your donate button really matter? Yes, it does.
Whether it’s people who come to your site with the express purpose of making a donation, or those who initially come for other content, the button is key to ensuring maximum site conversions.
Here are six quick “to-do’s” for maximum donation button effectiveness:
- It’s a different, higher-profile color than the navigation and header
- It’s usually placed in the upper right corner
- It has visual room to breathe
- It’s larger than the surrounding navigation
- The font is both larger and distinct to the content around it
- It persists on each page throughout the site
A few of these tactics may not be popular with a designer seeking a sleek look and feel all across the page, but these tactics are essential to maximizing donations. And there is usually a way to find common ground if you work together towards a solution.
It’s also a good idea to test various text options on the button to determine what works best for your organization’s visitors (Donate, Donate Now, Contribute, Give Now, Make a Gift, etc.)